Monday, January 15, 2007

Hannibal the Cannibal of Words

Interesting news today about the new Thomas Harris book Hannibal Rising. Apparently Harris may have been plagiarising his fan fiction for material for his new novel. Check out the article here. I have to say even the idea of this book is appalling to me. Like Chriton's Lost World, Hannibal Rising is coinciding with a movie release. After reading his last book Hannibal I was horrified. I really felt that the ending was just sensationalized and not at all what Clarice Starling the character he has so well established in Silence of the Lambs would do. (The Hannibal movie ending was so much better.) I thought Hannibal was a sell out, when I heard about Hannibal Rising I was just disgusted. Now this charge of plagiarism is very curious indeed...

No comments: